If you have a Dell, HP, or other laptop with a touch screen, you may find that you accidentally activate it when you’re trying to type. If you want to disable the touch screen to avoid this, there’s a simple setting you can change in your control panel. Here’s how to turn off the touch screen on your laptop.
How to Turn Off the Touch Screen on Your Laptop (Dell, HP, etc)
On a Dell laptop, you can disable the touch screen by going to the Dell Touchpad tab in the Mouse Properties dialog box. Click the Disable button.
On an HP laptop, you can disable the touch screen by going to the HP TouchSmart settings in the Control Panel. Click on the Disable Touchscreen button.
If you have a different brand of laptop, you can usually disable the touch screen by going to the touch screen settings in the Control Panel.
Tips to Avoid Touch Screen Issues
Here are some tips to avoid touch screen issues on your laptop:
1. Make sure that your hands are clean and dry before using the touch screen.
2. Avoid using sharp objects on the touch screen.
3. If the touch screen is not responding properly, try restarting your laptop.
4. If the touch screen still isn’t working, you may need to replace the touch screen.
How to Fix Touch Screen Issues
If your touch screen isn’t working, there are a few things you can try to fix the issue.
1. Restart your laptop. This is the first and simplest step to try.
2. Update your laptop’s drivers. Outdated drivers can sometimes cause touch screen issues.
3. Adjust your laptop’s touch screen settings. There might be a setting that’s causing the touch screen to act up.
4. Use a different program to test the touch screen. If the issue only happens in one program, that program might be the problem.
5. Check for physical damage to the touch screen. If there are any cracks or other damage, that could be causing the touch screen to malfunction.
1. Right-click on the Windows icon in the taskbar and select “Device Manager”.
2. In the “Device Manager” window, expand the “Human Interface Devices” category.
3. Find and select the “HID-compliant touch screen” device.
4. Right-click on the touch screen device and select “Disable Device”.
5. In the “Confirm Device Disable” window, select “OK”.
6. Close the “Device Manager” window.
7. Right-click on the Windows icon in the taskbar and select “Power Options”.
8. In the “Power Options” window, select “Change plan settings” next to the selected power plan.
9. In the “Edit Plan Settings” window, select “Change advanced power settings”.
10. In the “Advanced Settings” window, expand the “Display” category.
11. Expand the “Enable adaptive brightness” setting and set it to “Off”.
12. Click “OK” to save the changes and close the “Advanced Settings” window.
13. Close the “Edit Plan Settings” window.
14. Close the “Power Options” window.
Thanks for reading! We hope this article helped you turn off the touch screen on your laptop. If you have any questions or comments, please leave them below.