If you’re looking for how to download Windows Movie Maker for Windows 10, you’ve come to the right place. Here we’ll show you a quick and easy way to get the popular video editing software for your Windows 10 PC.
How to Get Windows Movie Maker for Windows 10
If you’re a fan of Windows Movie Maker, you might be wondering how to get your hands on the program for Windows 10. The good news is, it’s actually quite easy to do. In this article, we’ll show you how to get Windows Movie Maker for Windows 10 in just a few simple steps.
Windows Movie Maker: A Brief Nostalgia
Windows Movie Maker was a video editing software by Microsoft. It was a part of Windows Essentials software suite and offered the ability to create and edit videos as well as to publish them on OneDrive, Facebook, Vimeo, YouTube, and Flickr. Movie Maker was officially discontinued on January 10, 2017. Windows Essentials 2012, including Windows Movie Maker, reached end of support on January 10, 2017.
Microsoft released the first version of Windows Movie Maker in the summer of 2000. Version 1.0 could run on Windows Me and Windows 98. It allowed for basic video editing, such as the ability to add titles and credits, as well as some simple effects.
Version 2.0, released in the fall of 2002, could run on Windows XP. It added new features, such as the ability to import from DV cameras, as well as new effects and transitions.
Version 6.0, the final version of Windows Movie Maker, was released in the summer of 2012. It added support for Windows 8 and added a few new features, such as the ability to upload directly to social networking sites.
Windows Movie Maker was a popular video editing software for many years. It was simple to use and allowed even novice users to create basic videos. However, as video editing software became more sophisticated, Windows Movie Maker fell behind and was eventually discontinued.
Steps to Consider While Installing Windows Live Movie Maker for Windows 10 PC & Laptop:
1. Check your computer’s system requirements. Windows Movie Maker requires a computer with a minimum of 1 GHz CPU, 512 MB RAM, and DirectX 9 or later compatible graphics card.
2. Windows 10 users can find the Windows Movie Maker application pre-installed on their computer. However, if you are using an older version of Windows, you will need to download and install the application yourself.
3. Once you have downloaded Windows Movie Maker, double-click on the setup file to begin the installation process.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
5. Once the installation is complete, launch the Windows Movie Maker application.
6. Create a new project or open an existing one.
7. To add video clips to your project, simply drag and drop them into the timeline.
8. Once you have added all of your video clips, you can begin editing them.
9. To add transitions between your video clips, simply drag and drop them from the “Transitions” pane onto the timeline.
10. To add titles or credits, click on the “Titles/Credits” button and then drag and drop your title or credit onto the timeline.
11. Once you have finished editing your project, click on the “File” menu and then choose “Save Movie.”
12. Select a location to save your movie and then give it a name.
13. Click on the “Save” button to save your movie.
1. Go to the official Microsoft website.
2. In the “Search” bar, type in “Windows Movie Maker.”
3. Click on the first result that comes up.
4. On the next page, click on the “Download” button.
5. Run the installer once it’s finished downloading.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
Thanks for reading this blog post! We hope that it was helpful in teaching you how to download Windows Movie Maker for Windows 10 PC. If you have any further questions, please feel free to leave us a comment below and we will be more than happy to assist you further.