If you’re looking to change your PlayStation Network (PSN) avatar, there are two ways you can do it. The first is from your PS4 console, and the second is from the PlayStation Companion app.
From your PS4 console, simply navigate to your Profile (the icon with your avatar on it) and then select the option to “Change Profile Picture.” From there, you can choose to either take a new photo or select one from your existing library.
If you’re using the PlayStation Companion app, open it up and sign in with your PSN account. Then, tap on the “Profile” icon in the top-left corner and select “Change Profile Picture.” Again, you can either take a new photo or select one from your existing library.
How to change your PSN avatar from the Companion App
If you want to change your PSN avatar from the Companion App, here’s what you need to do:
1. Open the Companion App and sign in with your PSN account.
2. Tap on the Profile tab and then select the Edit Profile option.
3. Tap on the Change Avatar option.
4. Select the new avatar that you want to use and then tap on the Save Changes button.
That’s all you need to do! Your new PSN avatar will now be updated on your PS4 as well.
Why you should change your PSN avatar
Your PlayStation Network (PSN) avatar is the image that represents you in the PlayStation community. It’s important to choose an avatar that represents you well, because it’s how other players will identify you in games and other PlayStation activities.
There are many good reasons to change your PSN avatar from time to time. Maybe you want to represent yourself differently in the community, or maybe you just want a change of pace. Whatever the reason, it’s easy to change your PSN avatar from your PS4 or the PlayStation Companion app.
From your PS4:
1. Go to [Settings] > [Account Management] > [Account Information] > [Profile] > [Avatar].
2. Select the avatar you want to use.
3. Press the X button to confirm.
From the PlayStation Companion app:
1. Open the app and sign in to your PlayStation account.
2. Tap the profile icon in the top-left corner of the screen.
3. Tap the edit icon next to your current avatar.
4. Tap the avatar you want to use.
5. Tap the checkmark icon to confirm.
That’s all there is to it! Changing your PSN avatar is quick and easy, and it’s a great way to represent yourself in the PlayStation community.
How to make your PSN avatar stand out
Your PlayStation Network (PSN) profile is your online persona, and your avatar is the public face of your profile. So it’s important to choose an avatar that represents you well and makes you stand out from the crowd.
Here are some tips for creating a great PSN avatar:
1. Use an original photo.
Your avatar should be an original photo that represents you. That means no stock photos, no cartoon characters, and no logos. An original photo will make you more recognizable and help you stand out from the crowd.
2. Make it personal.
Your avatar should be personal to you. That means it should be a photo that you took yourself, or one that has special meaning to you. Avoid using photos that are already widely available on the internet.
3. Use a close-up.
Your avatar should be a close-up of your face. This will help people recognize you, and it will also make your profile more personal.
4. Use a high-quality photo.
Your avatar should be a high-quality photo. That means it should be clear and sharp, with good lighting. Avoid using photos that are blurry or dark.
5. Make it unique.
Your avatar should be unique to you. That means it should be different from the avatar of any other PlayStation Network user. Use your creativity to make your avatar stand out from the crowd.
By following these tips, you can create an avatar that represents you well and makes you stand out from the crowd. So go ahead and get creative!
What to do if your PSN avatar won’t change
If your PSN avatar won’t change, there are a few things you can try. First, make sure that you’re signed in to the correct account. If you’re signed in to a child account, you won’t be able to change your avatar.
Next, try restarting your PS4 or the PSN Companion app. If that doesn’t work, try logging out of your account and then logging back in.
If you’re still having trouble, you may need to delete your current avatar and then upload a new one. To do this, go to your Profile in the PS4 settings or the PSN Companion app and select “Delete Avatar.” Then, follow the prompts to upload a new avatar.
1. Go to your PS4’s Settings menu.
2. Scroll down to the “Profile” section and select “Avatar”.
3. From here, you’ll be able to select your new PSN Avatar.
4. If you want to change your PSN Avatar from your PS4, you can also do so from the PlayStation Network section of the Settings menu.
5. Once you’ve selected your PSN Avatar, you can then change its appearance by selecting “Edit Appearance”.
6. From here, you can change the color of your PSN Avatar’s skin, eyes, and hair, as well as its clothes.
7. Once you’re happy with your PSN Avatar’s appearance, select “Confirm” to save your changes.
Thanks for reading our guide on how to change your PSN Avatar from your PS4 or Companion App. We hope this guide was helpful and that you were able to change your Avatar with no problems. If you encounter any issues while following this guide, please feel free to reach out to us in the comment section below and we’ll be happy to help.