If you’re trying to share your Steam games with your family and it’s not working, don’t worry. There are a few things you can try to fix the problem. First, make sure that everyone is logged into their own Steam account. Then, check to see if the game you’re trying to share is eligible for sharing. If it is, make sure that you’ve selected the “Family View” option in your Steam settings. Finally, if all else fails, you can try restarting your Steam client. With these tips, you should be able to get Steam Family Sharing up and running in no time.
What is Steam Family Sharing?
Steam Family Sharing is a feature that allows members of your family to share your Steam games library with each other. up to ten devices can be authorized to access your library, and any authorized device can be used to play your games.
However, some users have reported that Steam Family Sharing is not working for them. If you’re having trouble using Steam Family Sharing, here are some potential fixes.
First, make sure that you’re logged into the correct Steam account on all devices that you want to share your games with. Then, check to see if Family Sharing is enabled in your Steam settings. If it’s not enabled, you’ll need to enable it and then add the family members that you want to share your games with.
If Family Sharing is already enabled, you may need to restart your Steam client or your computer to get it working. Additionally, make sure that your family members are logged into their own Steam accounts when they try to access your games library.
Finally, if you’re still having trouble, you can try contacting Steam support for help.
How Does Steam Family Sharing Work?
Steam Family Sharing is a service that allows you to share your Steam games with up to 10 other people. Once you’ve set up Family Sharing, you can share your games with any family member who has a Steam account, whether they’re on your computer or theirs.
When you share your games with family members, they can play them on their own Steam accounts. They’ll have access to your games, your saves, and your in-game purchases. They can also earn their own achievements and save their own game progress to the Steam Cloud.
To set up Steam Family Sharing, you’ll need to have your Steam account and the accounts of the people you want to share with, all on the same computer. You’ll also need to have Steam Guard security enabled on your account. Once you’ve done that, you can follow the instructions below to start sharing your games.
1. Open the Steam client and log in to your account.
2. Click on the “Steam” menu at the top of the window, then select “Settings”.
3. In the Settings window, select the “Family” tab.
4. Check the box next to “Enable Steam Family Sharing”.
5. Click “OK” to save your changes.
6. To add a family member, click on the “Add Family Member” button.
7. Enter the Steam account name, email address, or phone number of the person you want to add.
8. Click “OK” to add the family member.
9. To remove a family member, click on the “Remove Family Member” button.
10. Select the family member you want to remove, then click “OK”.
What Can You Share with Steam Family Sharing?
When you enable Steam Family Sharing, up to five other family members or friends will be able to play the games in your Steam library while earning their own Steam achievements and saving their own game progress to the Steam Cloud. Not all games support Steam Family Sharing – check out the Steam Family Sharing FAQ for more information.
Fixing Steam Family Sharing Not Working
If you’re having trouble with Steam Family Sharing not working, there are a few things you can try to fix the issue.
First, make sure that all of the account holders have Steam Guard enabled. Steam Guard is a security feature that requires a user to input a code from their mobile device when they log in to Steam. This helps to ensure that only the account holder can access their games.
If all of the account holders have Steam Guard enabled and you’re still having trouble, try restarting your computer. Sometimes, the Steam client can get stuck and restarting will fix the issue.
If you’re still having trouble, you can try reinstalling the Steam client. This will delete all of your games and data, so make sure to back up your games first. To do this, go to the Steam installation folder (usually C:\Program Files\Steam) and delete everything except for the SteamApps folder and the Steam.exe file. Then, run the Steam.exe file to reinstall the client.
Hopefully, one of these solutions will fix the issue and you’ll be able to enjoy family sharing on Steam.
1. Check your Steam Family Sharing settings to ensure that the feature is turned on.
2. If you’re still having trouble sharing games with your family, try restarting Steam.
3. Make sure that the account you’re trying to share games with is set up as a Family member in your Steam settings.
4. If you’re sharing games with a family member who lives in a different country, you may need to set up a Steam Wallet sharing agreement.
5. If you’re sharing games with a family member who uses a different computer, you’ll need to set up Steam Family Library Sharing on both computers.
6. If you’re still having trouble, you can try contacting Steam support for help.
Thanks for reading our blog post on how to fix the Steam Family Sharing not working issue. We hope that our solutions have helped you resolve the problem. If you have any further questions or comments, please let us know in the comments section below.