If you’re seeing a “Fix: An app default was reset” notification on your Windows 10 computer, it’s because your computer has detected a change to your default app settings. This can happen if you’ve installed a new app that has changed your default settings, or if you’ve reset your default app settings to their defaults.
To fix this problem, you’ll need to change your default app settings back to the way they were before. To do this, go to the Start menu and search for “Default apps.” This will open the Default apps settings page, where you can change your default apps for various activities.
If you’re not sure how to change your default apps, don’t worry – we can help. Just follow the steps below and you’ll be back to your old default apps in no time.
1. Open the Start menu and search for “Default apps.”
2. Click on the Default apps settings page.
3. Find the activity for which you want to change the default app. For example, if you want to change the default web browser, click on the “Web browser” entry.
4. Select the app you want to use as the default. For example, if you want to use Google Chrome as your default web browser, click on the “Google Chrome” entry.
5. Click on the “Set as default” button.
6. Repeat steps 3-5 for each activity for which you want to change the default app.
7. Close the Default apps settings page.
That’s it! Your default apps will now be back to the way they were before.
How to Fix: An app default was reset Notification
If you’re getting the “An app default was reset” notification on your Windows 10 computer, it means that a program you installed changed a file type association, protocol, or startup action without your permission. This can happen when you install certain programs, or even after upgrading to a new version of Windows.
Luckily, it’s easy to fix. Here’s what you need to do:
1. Open the Control Panel.
2. Click on “Default Programs.”
3. Click on “Set your default programs.”
4. Find the program that changed your default settings in the list, and click on it.
5. Click on “Set this program as default.”
6. Click on “OK.”
That’s it! Your default settings should now be restored.
Why You Get a Fix: An app default was reset Notification
If you see a “Fix: An app default was reset” notification on your screen, it means that one of your app’s defaults has been reset. This can happen if you’ve recently installed a new app that has taken over a default setting, such as your default web browser or SMS app.
If you’re not happy with the new default, you can usually go into the settings for that app and change it back. For example, if you want to make Chrome your default browser again, you can go into Chrome’s settings and select the “Make Default” option.
More Information on Fix: An app default was reset Notification
If you recently received the “Fix: An app default was reset” notification on your Windows 10 computer, don’t worry – you’re not alone. This is a relatively new notification that appears when an app is set as the default handler for a certain file type or protocol, but then another app is installed that takes over that default.
For example, say you have the Chrome web browser installed and set as the default for handling .html files. If you then install the Mozilla Firefox web browser, it will take over the default handler for .html files. As a result, you’ll see the “Fix: An app default was reset” notification.
If you’re not sure which app is now the default handler for a certain file type or protocol, you can check the Default apps settings in Windows 10. Just go to Start > Settings > System > Default apps.
If you’re not happy with the new default app and want to switch back to the old one, you can do so from the Default apps settings page. Just click on the app that you want to make the default, and then click the “Set this program as default” button.
Keep in mind that you may see the “Fix: An app default was reset” notification multiple times if you have multiple apps installed that can handle the same file type or protocol.
How to Avoid Getting a Fix: An app default was reset Notification in the Future
It’s annoying to see the notification “Fix: An app default was reset” every time you open a new app or program on your computer. Here’s how to avoid getting it in the future:
1. Go to the Start menu and search for “Default Programs”.
2. Click on “Set your default programs”.
3. Find the app or program that you want to set as the default.
4. Click on “Set this program as default”.
5. Close the window and you’re done!
Now, whenever you open that app or program, it will be the default and you won’t see the notification anymore.
If you’re seeing a notification that says “An app default was reset,” it means that a program on your computer has changed one of your default settings without your permission. This can happen if you install a new program that doesn’t play well with others, or if a program you already had installed gets updated and starts acting up.
Here are a few tips to fix the problem and prevent it from happening again:
1. Check your default programs and make sure they’re set the way you want them. In Windows, you can do this by going to Start > Settings > System > Default apps. On a Mac, you can go to System Preferences > General > Default web browser.
2. If a specific program is resetting your defaults, you can usually find an option to disable that behavior in its settings. For example, in Chrome’s settings, there is an option to “reset default browser on exit.”
3. Be careful when installing new programs, especially if they’re from unknown sources. Pay attention to what they’re asking permission to do, and don’t grant access to anything you’re not comfortable with.
4. Keep your software up to date. This includes your operating system, as well as any programs you have installed. New updates often include security fixes that can help prevent malicious software from taking over your system.
5. Use a good security program that can detect and block malware. This is your last line of defense against unwanted changes to your system.
Thanks for reading! If you found this article helpful, please share it with your friends or colleagues. Have a great day!